Monday, August 22, 2011

Recent Thrifty Finds

I wanted to share with you some of my little thrift store finds from last week.

A New Century Dictionary from 1952 and a beautiful edition of The Favorite Works of Mark Twain  from 1939.

A small rectangular wood frame with an art deco style border and a gilt frame mirror tray (both in the back).

And finally a silverplated tray and a big brass-framed pentagon glass box. I had a smaller version of this box that I made lovely with an old print and modpodge, but I still can't show you the "after" because it's a gift that I still haven't shipped yet. I had been looking for another box for the longest time though. Can you believe 20 trips to thrift stores and yard sales came up empty? Finally last week, probably on my 21st thrift shopping trip, I got this big box for a great price. It has ugly flowers carved out of the glass on top, but that's okay because I've already covered them up. I'll show you what I did with it later this week!

Until then, Love the Beasts!
Emily



3 comments:

  1. Quite the lovely haul! Can't wait to see the improvements! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting. Can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete