Sunday, July 31, 2011

Monocles, Velocipedes, and Etsy Gift Tags

Here's another fun item I finished for my soon-to-be-open Etsy shop. They're dictionary brass napkin rings!


The pages were taken from a 1960's Thorndike Barnhart Dictionary which have the most awesome vintage illustrations. For the 4 brass rings, I chose the words "beaver," "monocle," "sideburns," and "velocipede."
 

I love how they turned out! And here are a few gift tag creations I've been working on for Etsy. I'm planning to give a few away with each purchase from the Lovely Beasts Shop. 

I had too many business cards that I knew I would never use, so I re-purposed them. I used the same dictionary pages and ran them through the printer, glued them to the cards, and came up with this!

I really enjoy working on all of these projects and I probably have too many things going on at once, but I can't help it. There's no stopping this train. MUST KEEP CREATING!

Linking to:
The DIY Show OffPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh how brilliant! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute, what a great idea. I'm enjoying that train ride also, but need to get off now and then:-) Thanks for stopping by...hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those napkin rings. What a great idea. Looking forward to checking out your etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I will be featuring these tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete