Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting Bronzed

I've just finished the final step for the redo on my freebie dresser and I can't wait to show it to you all. It's all waxed up and waiting for me to take pictures. But of course I don't have my brother's camera this weekend and my crappy camera won't do the dresser justice, so you'll have to wait until Sunday or Monday to see the final look. In the meantime, here's what I did with the hardware for the dresser. This is what the dresser and pulls looked like before.

I was only able to save the top 2 drawers to the dresser and needed 4 pulls. Being that it was a freebie, it only came with 4 pulls. You'd think that was perfect right? Well, no. 3 of the pulls were the same size and the other one was a smaller version. Booooo! Thankfully for my junking and hoarding habits, I happened to pick up 2 matching circular pulls at the Round Top Antique Fair and they fit perfectly and went beautifully with the original hardware! You can see them in the ladle below.

The only small issue was that the colors were off. Easy fix! I sprayed them with Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray Paint (the kind that's a paint and primer in one) and now they were perfect! Beware! Here come the crappy camera pictures.

Yippee! They go so great together. Hopefully I have access to the camera tomorrow to finally FINALLY show you my new old dresser. Yes, a piece of furniture that's finally a keeper!


  1. The knobs look great! Can't wait to see the final product.

  2. I am dying to see this dresser!!! The suspense is killing me!!!!!! wink wink.

  3. this was a big big project with all the surface repair ~ I'm really interested to see what you did to make the drawer fronts smooth. Your 2 odd pulls are a great complement to the original hardware. You've been busy!