Monday, May 23, 2011

Curbside Saves: French coffee table and chair

I always seem to take a 3-day break between projects, hence the lack of posts lately. But today I'm happy to share with you a couple free finds I picked up!

I drove by a yard sale near my house a few times on Saturday, but refused to stop because I told myself I had enough furniture to work on right now. On about the third passing around 4pm, I noticed a few things they just put out on the curb. I didn't take any of the pieces made of particle board, but I did take these.

French coffee table with great legs and a great shape, it's just missing the top. This will be a perfect bench project for me!

And a ladder back chair missing the seat and one rod. Some people use these as planters for the garden, but since I don't have a garden right now, I'm going to try to bring this chair back to it's original purpose. I told my husband he'll have to help me with both these projects so...wish him luck putting up with me!

Also in case you're curious, they were looking to sell these for about $1-2 each. I probably would have bought them if I saw them, but it just shows that good things come to those who wait! Or maybe more like those with self-control...

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the table turned into a bench-sure it will be fantastic! Your stuff is all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good project pieces - I'm thoroughly impressed! I don't have the knowledge or skill needed to take on anything structural so I'll be looking forward to reading about your process. Seems like they'll both be wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the curb. Nice finds. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete