Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thrifty Painting and Yardy Jar

I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT PRICE.
I feel pretty lucky today! I was browsing a nearby Goodwill for a desk fan for my husband and of course, I also looked around to see if there was anything else that was interesting. In the wall art section I came upon a small oil painting of a large tree in a field of flowers. It was pretty, but the price was even prettier. $2.99! Where else can you get a nice oil painting already matted in the frame for that price? Well thrift stores I guess. Anyway, I snatched it up immediately.

The wood frame is slightly dated, but for now I'm going to leave it like it is. And no, it's not a print. You can see the strokes of paint on the canvas. What do you think?

I love it! And it's husband approved so this is definitely a keeper! And yes, I did get him a fan too. Also, I forgot to mention last Sunday on Annie's first bike ride we stopped at a yard sale and I found one of my favorite things. A blue mason jar! Ball brand. Thankfully I didn't get any of the Ball blue mason jars at Round Top (I bought Atlas ones instead) because I got this one for $2. Zinc lid and all.

If there were great finds and deals like this everyday, I'd have to rent out a storage space!

Linking to:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

5 comments:

  1. Love the blue jar! You got some amazing deals. You are a lucky girl!!!
    -emily
    nestnestingnested.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely jar and bargain price. What you going to store in it?

    The Chalk Paint is fantastic. I found it to be very economical. With one litre of the paint, I've painted 2 side tables and a dresser and still have some left over. All they need afterwards is a coat of wax. I did a mini review of the paint on my blog.
    http://madisonmakes.blogspot.com/2011/02/chalk-painted-table.html

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting! Glad to see I"m not the only one who gets excited over a blue canning jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously giving me the urge to go to Goodwill today!! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jars with zinc lids. They're my favorite! I think the painting is wonderful. I like how you have it propped.
    Thanks for linking up to Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    You really found some great treasures!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete