Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best Birthday Gifts

SO ARE YOU GOING TO TELL US HOW OLD YOU ARE?
I have the best family! My birthday is actually tomorrow, but I've already received most of my gifts and they're all awesome. My husband took me to Round Top Antique Fair a few weeks ago and my parents happily watched Annie while we were away. My parents also bought my husband and I movie tickets and dinner for a "real date". My brother's girlfriend got me a gift certificate to take painting classes and drink at Pinot's Palette. Great idea for an evening activity huh? And she made that cute card in the picture below! My brother got me a woven basket with netting from Anthropologie, 2 Purdy brushes, and a really cool versatile
Purdy tool.

It's a 6-in-1 tool that helps clean rollers, scrape paint, spread putty, open/clean cracks, open paint lids, and set nails. I didn't even know a tool like this existed! And do you know how my brother knew to get it for me? He emailed Marian of Miss Mustard Seed for gift suggestions and she replied back the same day. It's so nice of her to find the time to email him back and convince him to get this awesome tool for me! It's also nice of him to give it to me :).

And there's one last surprise from my husband. The best gift for someone who's just started the furniture redo and home decor gig.


Business cards! In the color of my blog. And yes, it does say "Antique Restoration and Professional Hoarding". I guess he knows me pretty well. So very thoughtful! Thank you dear! Love you.

p.s. And the answer is no, I'm not going to tell you how old I am. Don't be nosy!


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Emily! Looks like your family spoiled you well! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily that is hilarious! We have a similar blog birthday and real birthday! My birthday is actually Friday but I got a few things as well....my hubbs game me business cards too! How funny :) I also have the purdy tool...love, love, love it! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday!! That little statement on the business cards makes them memorable. And many happy returns :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! They can buy me bday gifts anytime!!!

    The "professional hoarding" is classic!!!

    ReplyDelete